Joy is challenging to come by in our complex and troubled world. If you struggle with it, you are not alone. .
According to Ayurveda, the ancient health care system, joy is our natural state. If that is so, why do we have so little, despite our efforts and desire for more joy in our lives?
Let’s take a look.
- It is discouraged. Did you grow up in a family that offered you a view of the world that was somber and unhappy? Were you told not to get your hopes up and lost joy as a result?
- You learned that joy made others unhappy.We are social creatures, and for better or worse, that means we value our connection to others so much that we can sacrifice our happiness to maintain our ties with family, friends, and our community.
- We don’t feel we can be ourselves. Sometimes we inherit ideas about duty and obligation that can prevent us from being ourselves and will hide who we are as a result. We may resent others because of what they expect from us and, in losing connection to our authentic selves, have trouble finding our way back to that person.
- You need to heal legacy abuse and trauma. These are the healing times. Most of us need support to heal the complex and harmful teachings from a dysfunctional past.
- You have not found your people. We all need a community, a family if you will. With so much change and personal development going on, many people do not feel like they have a group of people where they really belong. We all need and deserve that.
Way #1: Make noticing the good in yourself, others and life a habit.
This is one of the most important habits you can have. The excessive negativity in the world in not the truth of life. When you develop this habit you will discover how much good there is. Develop a gratitude and manifesting practice to support this important habit to recover lost joy.
Way #2: Focus only on what YOU can control.
It is so tempting to jump into situations that involve others to help, and to a point, it is good to be helpful. But only if asked and if you can. You need to mind your own store. first.
Way #3: Do the healing work.
The incredible healing tools we have now make it possible to heal the legacy of many inherited traumas and family abuse. It is so essential for your well-being and future generation that you get the healing support you need.
Way #4: Get discernment skills so you can navigate the world in a way that is good for you.
The world is so complex now it can be hard to discern exactly what you are dealing with. No one knows it all. Learning frameworks about culture and personal development help to free you from self-doubt so you can have an easier time making choices that are good for you.
Way #5: Permit yourself to dream.
Sometimes, “reality” claims our time and energy to such a degree that we lose our capacity to dream. Your dreams point you in the direction of your joy. They are important!
You can reclaim lost joy through the Magic Of Joy Program.
Find out more about this important program that brings your life and your joy back under your control so you can dream a new life into being.